Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Keep me awake...

I am currently sitting in St. Louis' Lambert Airport after an exhausting and incredibly fun weekend in the great city town of Kirksville, Missouri. I could seriously fall asleep this very moment, despite these uncomfortable airport bench seats. I've already checked Facebook, Twitter, E News!, and have read a whole 5 more pages of Wuthering Heights in the hopes of keeping my eyes open, but unfortunately even Facebook stalking and the riveting first chapters of WH (sarcasm font needed here) aren't keeping me awake, so I figured I'd write a quick blog post before I get on my plane back to DC and crash.

This weekend I left Chris at home to deal with our basement and I flew to St. Louis, MO to go back to my alma mater, Truman State University (the "Harvard of the Midwest"), for my service sorority's 5- year reunion, Hoopla!!! It was great to visit with a ton of old friends, re-explore K-Vegas and Truman, eat ronzas, and bar crawl to old and new haunts (TPs and...Genos?). It's so hard to visit with with friends when I come back to StL, but this was the perfect opportunity to catch up with all the girls!

To all of my ASG sisters who partook in the epic-ness of Hoopla 2011 and all of those who couldn't make it, I love and miss you! Here's to another 5 years of sisterhood and service!  See you in 2016 for the 45th Anniversary Hoopla extravaganza!!

(And now time to board my flight. Thanks for reading my exhausted ramblings! Ciao!)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been back to Truman since I graduated, but I find that a lot of what I miss there is food! Funny how lots of memories are tied to the restaurants in Kirksville... late nights at Pags or the Shitty... I may have to revisit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so great seeing you and the other hardcore fall '04 pledge class girls who were able to make the trip this weekend! i had a blast and i can't wait for the next reunion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara - So true about the food! Although, it is sad to see places like Il Spaz and Java Co. have closed. : (

    Megan - It was great to see you too! I'm so glad you decided to come up, and cannot wait until we cross paths again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...