Happy Valentine's Day!!
|(It only took 10+ tries to get this photo . . .)|
We "celebrated" Valentine's Day with some low-key, and low-cost, mini-dates this weekend:
- I taught Chris how to make my family's favorite meal of bacon, mashed potatoes, and green beans. And, to be some-what healthy we used fresh green beans and turkey bacon, mm mmm! (Recipe: fry up some chopped bacon and mix it in a pile of mashed potatoes and green beans. Easy schmeezy and yuuummmy!)
- For dessert we had mini-cheesecakes from Capital City Cheesecake. Yummy.
- We finally watched The Social Network. Which was so good. Thank you, Netflix!
- We enjoyed the nice weather and walked around Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle, stopping at The Brass Knob to check out, not buy, some architectural antiques and vintage house decorations. (Although, I do foresee a future project using some old porcelain doorknobs.)
- We also walked around and browsed the goods at Eastern Market and the Flea Market at Eastern Market, spotting a 1910 University of Missouri sports card that we may have to go back and get....
- And, we explored Barracks Row before popping in Ted's Bulletin for yummy adult milkshakes, a burger, and a homemade pop-tart!
While Chris and I don't do the stereotypical Valentine's Day celebrations of chocolate, dinner, champagne, jewelry, etc., we did take the time to do something we love doing together - exploring our new home. We hope everyone else gets the chance to share some time with the person and people that they love! Happy Valentine's Day!!