- Keep in touch with family and friends better. I don't know really how well I've done with this one, but Facebook has definitely helped!
- Blog. Done, obviously.
- Get certified to teach secondary social studies. So, I haven't technically gotten certified yet, but I am this close . . .
- Run a Half Marathon. Done!
- Skydive. Nope . . . but I'm keeping it on my to-do list!
- Do genealogical research. Not as much as I wanted.
- Learn to sew. Not really this one either . . . but I'm asking for a cheap sewing machine for my birthday, hear that Mom and Chris?
- Learn some photography skills. Again, not really. I think I need to upgrade my camera first.
- Eat healthy/Perhaps learn to cook healthy-ish things. Most definitely. Yay us!
- Read more. Yes, definitely!
- Decorate my/our new house. I owned this goal!
Here are my 2012 Goals:
- Blog at least once a week. Let's be honest, I need to make a more consistent effort. (And, I've posted twice this week already, go me!)
- Continue to make our house, our home. This shouldn't be hard. We already have some big projects in mind and I might try to do one Pinterest project a month. We'll see ; )
- Continue to teach myself how to live healthier through good foods and exercise! Chris and I say all the time how far we've come in what we eat and how we think about food, but we definitely need to keep getting better at watching what we eat and getting more consistent on the exercise-front.
- Do one DC-ey thing every month. There are still a TON of things we haven't done in this town and besides, this will give me more to blog about on Tourist Tuesdays and Washington Wednesdays.
- Travel the East Coast. Chris and I love traveling, but we haven't really explored the East Coast yet. So, I'm hoping for an east coast-beach trip, another visit to NYC, and a trip to either Philly or Boston. Let's start planning!
- Read at least 12 books. I know this doesn't sound like a lot, but with school keeping me busy 3/4 of the year reading for fun definitely gets pushed to the side. I figure a book a month would be manageable. I have already made a list of books which includes Don Quixote, Two Towers, the Hunger Games series, Mindy Kaling's new book . . . and some dorky history books, like a Medieval England guide. So exciting!
- See how long I can go without buying clothes. Yup, that's right. I am going on a clothes "diet." I finally came to the realization that I have a closet FULL of clothes and do NOT need to buy anymore. (That doesn't mean I didn't take advantage of shopping before Jan. 1 though. Good thing too, because I got a $140 silk dress at Banana for $20!!) I'm really curious on how long I can last. I am already on day 4 and going strong, so that's a start!
- And . . .Get a teaching job for the 2012-2013 academic year! This is a big one. The biggest one. If this
goalwish comes true, so many other wishes for 2012 will come true (perhaps I might buy a car!). Cross your fingers, pray, whatever you do, and wait for the pieces to fall in to place!
So 2012, BRING IT ON!