Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Remembering Jeremy

Dear Readers (not a big crowd, I'm sure),

I apologize for being MIA this last week - I know that is a running theme for me - I had definitely intended to write about finally getting to visit my family and our weekend at my parents' lake house on Table Rock Lake, and I had wanted to write about our week of baseball games at Nationals Park to watch the Cards, Nats, and Orioles play . . .. but those plans and that motivation got derailed last week when we got the horrible news that one of Chris' close high school friends was killed in Afghanistan. Maybe someday I will be able to articulate to all of you how I've felt this past week, but one thing I do know is that my heart breaks for the wife and 7 month old son he left behind and the life they had planned together.

While you probably did not know him or his family, I ask that you visit the website we've created in memory of him - Remembering Jeremy - and, if you feel inclined, please also consider donating a small amount to the fund that was established for his family (more information can be found on the site).

Lastly, please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Best to all of you, and thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...